Date to be determined, 2020 @ Club Cafe
Nunch (Nun + Brunch = Nunch!) is our annual granting ceremony held at Club Cafe to honor our grant recipients and disburse funds. The event features brunch (of course), fantastic entertainment (singers, drag lip syncs, musicians, and more!), and the beneficiaries who share the amazing work they do in the community. Nunch also serves as a key fundraiser for the next year’s grant cycle, with funds raised at the event going right back into the grants fund for the next round of applicants. Join us for a few hours of food, fun, and community!
The Boston Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence have begun a tradition of awarding indulgences in the form of grant funds to deserving organizations in order to better support the community which we serve. Multiple grants will be available and will be awarded to several organizations this year.
Historically, The Sisters have given grants to under-funded, smaller organizations and projects providing direct services to our communities. The majority of these organizations and projects receive little, if any, government or main-stream funding and may be in the early stages of development. Our grants are typically $250 to $1,000. In our Grant Fund’s first five years, The Boston Sisters have disbursed $25,000!
We are especially attracted to progressive projects that promote wellness, identity, tolerance, and diversity within our communities. We have a vision that encompasses diverse communities and groups that have a common interest in human rights – people of every gender, gender identity, race, class, age, and sexual orientation.
Grant funds will be awarded to select not-for-profit community benefit organizations which are incorporated and have IRS 501(c)(3) designation. Potential grant recipients must submit their requests using the designated Application Form along with required attachments and supporting documents. The Application Form must be completed in its entirety by the deadline so that the Boston Sisters’ 2017 Grant Funding Committee can review your not-for-profit organization’s purpose, charitable goals, and intended use of grant funds and to ensure these works coincide with the world wide mission of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence as an order of 21st century nuns who minister to the needs and free expression of all aspects of the community in the Boston, Massachusetts area.
Criteria For Consideration
The requesting not-for-profit organization’s purpose and planned use of grant funds, if awarded, must provide benefit to the Boston, Massachusetts community and help build cooperative, cordial and supportive relationships among the culturally and ethnically diverse peoples of the Boston area as described below:
• Alleviating economic and/or social disadvantage to members of the community.
• Providing for the health and welfare of the LGBT community.
• Promoting individual awareness and ownership of personal good health and healthy living.
• Education, screening and prevention of health issues that impact the LGBT community.
• Providing resources, support and/or care to individuals suffering from life inhibiting disease or disability.
• Supporting and advancing human rights equality and dignity for each and every individual.
• Providing for the free expression of human sexuality, conditions, aspirations, and spirit through visual and/or performance arts.
• Requesting organization must be incorporated as a not-for-profit community benefit 501(c)(3) corporation.
• The request for grant funds must be submitted by the due date using the application provided and filled out in its entirety with all required attachments and original signatures.
Timetable And Deadlines
Friday, December 06, 2019 [11:59pm] — Application Deadline
Friday, December 20, 2019 — Grant recipients will be notified of their award
TBD- Early 2020 — Nunch 2020 (Granting ceremony will take place to honor recipients and disburse funds)