The Boston Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence have a tradition of awarding indulgences in the form of grant funds to deserving organizations in order to better support the communities which we serve. Multiple grants are available and will be awarded to organizations this year.
Historically, The Sisters have given grants to under-funded, smaller organizations and projects providing direct services to our communities. The majority of these organizations and projects receive little, if any, government or main-stream funding and may be in the early stages of development. Our grants are typically $250 to $1,000. In our Grant Fund’s first five years, The Boston Sisters have disbursed $25,000! This year, we will be able to meet more significant needs and can offer several recipients a grant of up to $5000.
We are especially attracted to progressive projects that promote wellness, identity, tolerance, and diversity within our communities. We have a vision that encompasses diverse communities and groups that have a common interest in human rights – people of every gender, gender identity, race, class, age, and sexual orientation.
Grant funds will be awarded to select not-for-profit community benefit organizations which are incorporated and have IRS 501(c)(3) designation. Potential grant recipients must submit their requests using the designated Application Form along with required attachments and supporting documents. The Application Form must be completed in its entirety by the deadline so that the Boston Sisters’ Mistress of Grants can review your not-for-profit organization’s purpose, charitable goals, and intended use of grant funds and to ensure these works coincide with the mission of the Boston Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.
Criteria For Consideration
The requesting not-for-profit organization’s purpose and planned use of grant funds, if awarded, must provide benefit to the Boston, Massachusetts community and help build cooperative and supportive relationships among the culturally and ethnically diverse peoples of the Boston area as described below:
(Please note: Organizations seeking a grant do not need to meet all of these criteria, but should view them as a guideline when determining eligibility for a possible grant.)
• Alleviating economic and/or social disadvantage to members of the community.
• Providing for the health and welfare of the LGBTQIA+ community.
• Promoting individual awareness and ownership of personal good health and healthy living.
• Education, screening and prevention of health issues that impact the LGBTQIA+ community.
• Providing resources, support and/or care to individuals suffering from life inhibiting disease or disability.
• Supporting and advancing human rights, equality, and dignity for each and every individual.
• Providing for the free expression of human sexuality, conditions, aspirations, and spirit through visual and/or performance arts.
• Requesting organization must be incorporated as a not-for-profit community benefit 501(c)(3) corporation.
• The request for grant funds must be submitted by the due date using the application provided and filled out in its entirety with all required attachments and original signatures.
Timetable And Deadlines
Friday, January 12, 2024 [11:59pm] — Application Deadline
By Feb 1, 2024 — Grant recipients will be notified of their award
Periodically an organization may need assistance outside of our regular grant cycle. In this case, we encourage you to reach out to Grants@thebostonsisters.org to inquire about the possibility of an Emergency Grant or other fiscal support that the Boston Sisters could provide.